Friday 28 September 2012

Black with 2 challenge

Have been loving the Black with 2 challenges! I don't usually use black as a base, but I've been noticing how well it makes the other colours pop and I really like it!

Anyhow, this months requirements were -

Dominant black background with Purple & Mint green ...plus 5% white if desired 

- this is my interpretation -


I really love this page! Not sure if i'd really call this mint green or not, but it's the closest I could manage.

Yes I've used another quote from Grease, not really sure what this thing is with Grease quotes (well it's only two, but I'm thinking maybe I could come up with a couple more - who doesn't love Grease?!), it's not like I've seen it recently, maybe a couple years ago. Maybe it's telling me it's time to watch it again! I've always liked hearing Marty Maraschino saying 'Don't you think they make me look smarter?'  (and Rizzos reply - 'Nah, ya can still see ya face!' - but didn't like to use it on my LO, haha) So when I came across this pic of my stepdaughter wearing her glasses I knew straight away what my title would be!

On this page I have used petite resin roses and the butterfly centre in my flower from D-Lish Scraps, I actually have a flower quite similar from D-Lish but what was in the centre of that didn't work for me on this LO, so I made my own. I also used a mint green button from A Lil' Somethin'.

TFL
xo




4 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Loren, I came across your blog from the link on Purple Pumpkin. Love your scrappy style, I had a lovely time looking through your posts - and am about to become your newest follower :) welcome to blog land!

annette said...

thanks for taking up the challenge on BW2,Lorin ..

tiffany said...

such a great page- love the circles and the splashes of paint! Thanks for joining in the challenge at 2 Sisters! =)Tiffany

Heather McMahon said...

This is wonderful! I love the colour combo and those circles.